Every year on Valentine’s Day Chocolate lovers roll into Kerrville from far and wide to oooh, aaah, revel, gorge, and generally indulge in and celebrate all things Chocolate at the KAC Chocolate Fantasy festival.
When you were 12 years old could you have ever believed that there could be such a thing as too much Chocolate? Well, according to the OMGs heard as people walked in to the Gallery of Chocolate there are a lot of grown-up twelve-year olds who had that moment of revelation.
In spite of the overwhelming task that faced them, the 2016 Chocolate Fantasy judges somehow managed to sample every entry and so we are pleased to report the names of the 2016 winners and their creations:
1. Best Cake – Lezley Bearden from the Wildflower Bakery (Chocolate Fudge Cherry Cheese Cake)
2. Best Cookie or Bar – Allan K. Norlander from Creative Cakes by Sharon (Chocolate Coconut Macaroons)
3. Best Other Chocolate – Hippie Chicks Bakery (The Hippie Brownie)
1, Best Candy – Susan Longacre (Brownie)
2. Best Cake – Misty Beard (White Chocolate Mousse Tort)
3. Best Cookie or Bar – Cindy Stacy Janke & Jane Ragsdale – (Chocolate Chip Salted Carmel Cookie Bars)
1. Best Presentation – Cindy Stacy Janke & Jane Ragsdale (Chocolate Sushi or Chocolate Swoo)
2. Best Taste – Misty Beard (White Chocolate Mousse Tort)
3. Best of Show – Hippie Chicks Bakery (The Hippie Brownie)
People’s Choice Award
Theresa Alderman from the Wildflower Bakery (Chocolate Bananas Foster)
Judges judging the 2016 entries